On Friday, the Slony team released minor releases to both the 1.2 and 2.0 series. The most significant change in either is support for the still alpha PostgreSQL 9.0.
- Support for PostgreSQL 9.0
- A few memory leaks were fixed
- A few code cleanup issues
- A fix for the long oustanding bug #55 that can cause crashes at high levels of debug input on very long values
- Support for PostreSQL 9.0
- SUBSCRIBE SET now supports the OMIT COPY option
- Fixes for auto-vacuum handling with PostgreSQL 8.4
- Many bug fixes
The 2.0.3 release was long overdue and underwent 4 release candidates over many months. If your running Slony 2.0 you want to start planning your upgrade. If your like most people and still on Slony 1.2 then you should look at the detailed release notes to see if you have any pressing reasons to upgrade.
Go to www.slony.info for more information.