The presentation covered
- Common reasons people render their own maps
- Where to get OpenStreetMap data and how to load it into your PostGIS database
- How to use Tilemill to design your own map style
- How to render map tiles, both statically and dynamically
- How to use OpenLayers to display your map
The presentation was recorded. I will update this post when the recording comes online.
I’ve been a regular attendee of PGCON since the first year it was held in Ottawa. Like past years I enjoyed the conference and I would like to thank Dan Langille for putting together another first-rate conference. My favourite part of PostgreSQL conferences is meeting and reconnecting with users people in the community.
Updated: The video is available here